About this Blog

Okay, so here’s the deal: not long ago (in Heart Health month, no less) I started on my journey as ORC’s Mystery Mover. Since then, I have been chronicling my transformation from gym-class zero to gym-class hero. I am happy to share a few excerpts from my journal in the hope that it inspires a few others out there like me (or at the very least stirs up a little compassion)!

Wednesday, 18 April 2012

Spin Me Right Round...

I did it! I tried something totally new! Today I went with a friend to my very first spinning class! I felt those same butterflies that I remember from my first day at the gym – good, right? Not sure what I was expecting but certainly visions of falling off the bike passed through my head as did visions of the rest of the class pointing and laughing at me. But guess what? It was so fun! I went to “Easy Rider” lead by Richard. Seriously, if this was Easy Riding, I can only imagine what Road Rage is like. Ouch. Richard was great. He lead us through a great workout, going on virtual flat roads, mountains and peaks. So may times I was convinced I couldn’t go any further but his quick intervals and great music (with the exception of Nickleback – seriously, Richard), kept me going! And you know what? I clapped when it was over and can’t wait to go back next week. Woo hoo! Oh, did I mention there are potential new shoes involved? Spin shoes – who knew? Any excuse for new shoes is great news for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment