About this Blog

Okay, so here’s the deal: not long ago (in Heart Health month, no less) I started on my journey as ORC’s Mystery Mover. Since then, I have been chronicling my transformation from gym-class zero to gym-class hero. I am happy to share a few excerpts from my journal in the hope that it inspires a few others out there like me (or at the very least stirs up a little compassion)!

Monday, 23 April 2012

Monkey See, Monkey Do

Not that my kids are monkeys…they just act like them sometimes! All this gym going has had a great effect on my kids. They are becoming much more focused on their own activity levels.  Now my guys are super active already – they play hockey, rugby, baseball and always use wheels of some sort (bike, scooter, skateboard or rollerblades) to school and back. But they have told me they’re jealous I get to use all the gym equipment – they are dying to be old enough to use the treadmill and elliptical!  - and they’ve actually started a jogging program on their own.  Given that they have also inherited my sweet tooth and chip addiction, I’m so proud of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment