About this Blog

Okay, so here’s the deal: not long ago (in Heart Health month, no less) I started on my journey as ORC’s Mystery Mover. Since then, I have been chronicling my transformation from gym-class zero to gym-class hero. I am happy to share a few excerpts from my journal in the hope that it inspires a few others out there like me (or at the very least stirs up a little compassion)!

Friday, 24 February 2012

Woo Hoo!

Total revelation at the gym today – I actually rock! Seriously. I’ve been lurking around for 3 weeks now, feeling a little self-conscious and embarrassed about being in slightly inferior shape than the majority of ORC members (just slightly, mind you J). But today I realized that I should totally be proud – there I am sweating it out and making a difference and basically saying “not today, Sir” to heart disease and a whole host of other weight-related diseases and that rocks! I had this revelation in the middle of doing my weights and I tell you, I walked a little taller and prouder on the way back to the locker room. And guess what? I only used 1 towel for the shower! You go girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment