About this Blog

Okay, so here’s the deal: not long ago (in Heart Health month, no less) I started on my journey as ORC’s Mystery Mover. Since then, I have been chronicling my transformation from gym-class zero to gym-class hero. I am happy to share a few excerpts from my journal in the hope that it inspires a few others out there like me (or at the very least stirs up a little compassion)!

Thursday, 23 February 2012

The Towel Dilemna

So my new challenge to myself is to try one new thing at the gym each week. This week? The showers! Now, I know what you’re thinking. You’re thinking this is too easy for a challenge. But not true, there is shower etiquette and technique to master before being confident. I think I did pretty well. I forgot to bring flip flops but other than that, didn’t seem to offend anyone in any way. But I have not mastered the towel situation. Gym staff, with all due respect can I tell you that if you are a woman with, let’s say – curves - and who is maybe a teensy bit self-conscious of her curves (especially given all the super thin women walking around the change room in various states of nakedness), having towels that are the approximate size of a graham cracker does not help the situation. Even using two of the wee cracker-towels, I still had to make some hard choices about which body part to cover up and which to share with the rest of the locker room. Other than that, thoroughly enjoyed showering without any of my children banging on the door to get in J. Next week’s challenge? It’s a toss up between trying that sadistic looking stair machine in the fitness centre or the steam room. Both are sweaty. Which do you think I should do?

No comments:

Post a Comment