About this Blog

Okay, so here’s the deal: not long ago (in Heart Health month, no less) I started on my journey as ORC’s Mystery Mover. Since then, I have been chronicling my transformation from gym-class zero to gym-class hero. I am happy to share a few excerpts from my journal in the hope that it inspires a few others out there like me (or at the very least stirs up a little compassion)!

Monday, 20 February 2012

To Zumba or Not To Zumba, That Is the Question

Right. I’m now scrolling through the ORC website trying to get an idea of what classes will appeal to me. Using the pictures as a basis, I’m a little scared. Everyone looks very, very toned and so happy! How can they smile and sweat like that at the same time? And their clothes are intimidating. I know for sure I won’t look remotely like that. Solely on the scary pictures, I’m ruling spinning out for a starters while still thinking Pilates and yoga are real possibilities.  But I worry that won’t be enough (I need that jiggle factor to justify the expensive sports bra). Also ruling out anything that has the words “power”, “blast”, “hard-core” or “rage” in it. I think I’m left with Zumba! That sounds pretty good, right? Even the font on the schedule looks fun and friendly. Only problem? As I’ve said, I’m not that coordinated and I’m also not really even sure how you pronounce Zumba? I think I’ll stick with the Fitness Centre for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment