About this Blog

Okay, so here’s the deal: not long ago (in Heart Health month, no less) I started on my journey as ORC’s Mystery Mover. Since then, I have been chronicling my transformation from gym-class zero to gym-class hero. I am happy to share a few excerpts from my journal in the hope that it inspires a few others out there like me (or at the very least stirs up a little compassion)!

Tuesday, 14 February 2012

My Heart Must Go On...

Happy Valentine’s Day! I had to force myself to go to the gym today. Not because I had so many chocolate bonbons to work off (sigh…that would’ve been nice), no, because I feel like I’ve been hit by a truck. I have a full on head cold.  All I wanted to do was hit the sheets and drink potfuls of tea. But, in the spirit of Valentine’s Day, my heart must go on. It must go to the gym. So, I dragged myself there, telling myself the whole way that I “would go easy on myself”. Now I’m back, after doing 45 minutes of fast walking on the treadmill and 30 minutes of weights, I still don’t feel great. But at least I now feel sick and virtuous which beats sick and guilty any day. And now I can have some of that yummy chocolate cake I made for Valentine’s day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment