About this Blog

Okay, so here’s the deal: not long ago (in Heart Health month, no less) I started on my journey as ORC’s Mystery Mover. Since then, I have been chronicling my transformation from gym-class zero to gym-class hero. I am happy to share a few excerpts from my journal in the hope that it inspires a few others out there like me (or at the very least stirs up a little compassion)!

Monday, 6 February 2012

The Great Thing About the Superbowl

Here is something I now know for certain: the gym, like Ikea, Home Depot and probably every steakhouse with a TV in the country, is virtually empty during Superbowl! So great for gym novices who want to test the waters in relative anonymity. Now there were a few diehards watching the game on the treadmills or elliptical machines but I peeked in the weight room (don’t worry, I wasn’t actually going to go in) and it was deserted.  I love it! I’m now rooting for the Leafs and hoping that a playoff run will have the same effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment