About this Blog

Okay, so here’s the deal: not long ago (in Heart Health month, no less) I started on my journey as ORC’s Mystery Mover. Since then, I have been chronicling my transformation from gym-class zero to gym-class hero. I am happy to share a few excerpts from my journal in the hope that it inspires a few others out there like me (or at the very least stirs up a little compassion)!

Thursday, 9 February 2012

Finding My People

One thing my friends have heard me say in the past is you need to “find your people”. It’s true any time you start something new. When we moved to Oakville 4 years ago I knew that finding my people would take time. I got really lucky  - some of my people lived right near me and were among the first, wonderful people that I met (and you know who you are J). The same thing is going to happen with the gym. I will need to find my gym people. In the meantime, I have approached all of my friends who are already members at the ORC and asked them to basically hold my hand a little – meeting me at the Fitness Centre, showing me the ropes and keeping me motivated. And they’ve all been enthusiastic recruits. Bonus? Now I can have “playdates” with friends I never get to see enough!  Score one for the gym people!

No comments:

Post a Comment