About this Blog

Okay, so here’s the deal: not long ago (in Heart Health month, no less) I started on my journey as ORC’s Mystery Mover. Since then, I have been chronicling my transformation from gym-class zero to gym-class hero. I am happy to share a few excerpts from my journal in the hope that it inspires a few others out there like me (or at the very least stirs up a little compassion)!

Friday, 13 July 2012

Summer Lovin'

That's right, I have a summer crush. Don't be alarmed though, it's just the gorgeous pool at the ORC. How great is it that I bought pool passes for the kids for the hottest, driest summer on record?? Things normally work in the exact opposite way for me! The pool rocks - clean, warm, lifeguards, lots of pool noodles. Only two misgivings go through my brain as I lounge in the shallow end with my non-lifejacket wearing youngest child: 1) best to go either before or after the crazy camp rush. At exactly 2:30, a whole parade of happy, loud, energerized kids come in to take over the pool and have a blast. 2) Why the heck didn't I register my kids for summer camp at the ORC so they could be part of the parade?? Next year baby...

No comments:

Post a Comment