About this Blog

Okay, so here’s the deal: not long ago (in Heart Health month, no less) I started on my journey as ORC’s Mystery Mover. Since then, I have been chronicling my transformation from gym-class zero to gym-class hero. I am happy to share a few excerpts from my journal in the hope that it inspires a few others out there like me (or at the very least stirs up a little compassion)!

Friday, 1 June 2012

Revelations

I had three useful thoughts today at Zumba (in addition to many non-useful ones). First, I realized that me trying to follow Annie is like a toddler trying to do the highjump - you need to learn to crawl, then walk, then do ridiculous things with your body. So I spotted a young woman to follow who could totally do the moves but was not nearly as fast or amazing as Annie (is anyone?). I followed her and actually could semi keep up! Secondly, as long as you're moving your hips and arms with a spanish flavour (picture Marc Anthony's back up dancers), no one can really tell that you're totally lost! And last, while the songs are mostly in Spanish and I have no clue what's they're saying, I distinctly heard the word "tequila" in that last one. Aha!

No comments:

Post a Comment