About this Blog

Okay, so here’s the deal: not long ago (in Heart Health month, no less) I started on my journey as ORC’s Mystery Mover. Since then, I have been chronicling my transformation from gym-class zero to gym-class hero. I am happy to share a few excerpts from my journal in the hope that it inspires a few others out there like me (or at the very least stirs up a little compassion)!

Wednesday, 28 March 2012

Panic! At the Gym...

Oh dear lord. I just received my invitation to our 20th (gulp) reunion at Queen’s University.  Will be great to see all my old friends but one thing is painfully obvious to me: since my Comm ’92 jacket is a perfect fit for my slight 12 year old son, there is little chance it will zip up on me at all. And while coveralls were the outfit of choice back in the day, I don’t think I will fool anyone if I try pulling this look off at the reunion. I scroll through all the attendees and note that they fall into two groups: 1) those whose FB profile pics are of themselves – these people have not changed a bit and may actually look better than they did at University and 2) those who cowardly post pics of their kids and/or pets as their FB pic. I fall into the latter category. Face it, there is no clearer admission that you have either gained a lot of weight and/or lost a lot of hair than to avoid posting your own pic. But unlike my panic when I received my invite to my 20th high school reunion, I now have a feasible plan (my HS reunion plan to wear black and stay under dim lights was only marginally successful). I am going to continue going to the gym AT LEAST 3 times per week, building to 4 or 5 in the 2 months before the reunion. Thankfully, I have 6 months before the reunion. This will work!

No comments:

Post a Comment