About this Blog

Okay, so here’s the deal: not long ago (in Heart Health month, no less) I started on my journey as ORC’s Mystery Mover. Since then, I have been chronicling my transformation from gym-class zero to gym-class hero. I am happy to share a few excerpts from my journal in the hope that it inspires a few others out there like me (or at the very least stirs up a little compassion)!

Wednesday, 7 March 2012

A Gym Virgin By Any Other Name...

Okay, because I would way rather focus on the fun and superficial (and look where that has gotten me!), I have decided that my jump into a fitness regime needs to start at the beginning – with a really cool blog name! Yes! It should be witty and clever, a little self-deprecating but charming.  Hmm…where to start? I like the idea of a pop culture reference/spin. Like, “The 40 year old Gym Virgin”. Problems with this one?  40 is being a little kind to myself (in the alpha-numeric system I adopted a few years ago, I am actually 40B), and “virgin” is also not exactly accurate. I did have a brief gym flirtation in my 30s and actually quite enjoyed it but found a long-term commitment unattainable. Since then I’ve been a bit of an exercise hussy – having flings with power walking (shoot me now), jogging (shoot me again and don’t miss this time) among others.  I think I’ll stick with The Mystery Mover for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment